The SFACEF Scholarship Awards Committee has released the requirements, criteria, and application form for the 2015 scholarship award. Every year, SFACEF awards a partial college scholorship to a deserving Filipino-American student from Brevard County.
The scholarship award ceremony will be during the annual Ilang-Ilang Gala, held this year on October 3 in the Eau Gallie Civic Center.
- The student should have a connection to the Filipino-American community of Brevard County, Florida.
- He or she must have graduated secondary education during the school year 2014-2015.
- Complete the scholarship application form.
- Submit transcript and SAT score documentation.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from persons associated with applicant’s extracurricular and community services.
- There is currently a bill before the U.S. House and Senate proposing to award the Congressional Gold Medal to Filipino Veterans of World War II. In light of this, write and submit an essay of at least two hundred (200) words on the subject:
What the Sacrifices Made by Filipino Veterans Means to Me
- Grade Point Average
- Scholastic Aptitude Test score
- Extracurricular Activities (school, workplace, church, etc.)
- Community Involvement
Submission instructions are included in the scholarship application form. Submission deadline is September 03, 2015.